Tagsairfare auto insurance Black Friday Budget Cable car insurance car tips cord cutting credit cards crockpot energy conservation energy tips Frugal frugal ideas frugal recipes gas money gas savings Halloween heating heating tips personal expenses save money saving money school school supplies shopping tips storm windows tickets Tips travel tips winter
Tag Archives: school
So the kids are heading back to school or the your young adult is off to college. It can be an expensive time for many households but it doesn’t have to be. There are many ways you can save money on back to school shopping.
Save Money on Back to School Shopping
- Make a list and stick to it. This is important. You don’t want to be flying all over the place buying randomly. Make a list of what you need and then go after those items and cross reference your list with sales, coupons and cheap places to get those items. A list will help you itemize what you need and help you find the most inexpensive place to get them.
- Buy used text books. I rarely bought brand new books when I was in college. There are lots of places to buy used text books. Find out if there are used books stores nearby or start a search of websites like Amazon.
- Take an inventory at home before you shop. Chances are your closets are filled with pens, crayons, markers, pencils and more. There is no need to shop for more supplies if you already have the supplies at home.
- Make use of the dollar store. Most of the supplies you need are probably things you can find at a dollar store like pencils, paper, notebooks and even computer supplies. You don’t need to brand name shop for supplies.
- Garage sales are a great source for furniture and other dorm room essentials for your college kids. You will probably be able to find cooking supplies, furniture and computer essentials at any garage sale.
- Watch for sales and cut coupons. Start doing some comparative shopping and start cutting coupons or search for online coupons.
- Enlist social media. Join a Facebook group in your local area that trades, gives away freebies or sells children essentials cheap. You can also start following the major stores you shop at on Twitter or Facebook for coupons and sales.