Tagsairfare auto insurance Black Friday Budget Cable car insurance car tips cord cutting credit cards crockpot energy conservation energy tips Frugal frugal ideas frugal recipes gas money gas savings Halloween heating heating tips personal expenses save money saving money school school supplies shopping tips storm windows tickets Tips travel tips winter
Tag Archives: frugal recipes
I have been making this very basic Crockpot Turkey Chili midweek for the past couple of weeks. It is inexpensive, easy to make and I end up with more than a few meals that are easy to heat up and I find it quite filling. It’s a very inexpensive meal to make.
Frugal Recipe: Crock Pot Turkey Chili
I use a smaller size crockpot and am the only one eating this so just use one can of each and it makes enough for me to have a dinner and a lunch the next day. You can always add more beans or turkey if you like.
- 1/2 Pound of Ground Turkey
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of Pork andBeans
- 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Tomato Paste
- Jalapeno Peppers , Hot Peppers or Hot Sauce are optional
- Spices to taste such as chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brown the turkey in a pan and drain when done.
- Add everything in your crockpot except for the Tomato Paste.
- Let it cook on high for 4 hours at least.
- If you notice it is too watery I will drain some of the liquid out.
- In the last hour or hour and a half I add the tomato paste as it will thicken your chili out.
That is it. An easy meal and you can probably stretch it out for a couple of meals.
Photo by lovecatz