Tagsairfare auto insurance Black Friday Budget Cable car insurance car tips cord cutting credit cards crockpot energy conservation energy tips Frugal frugal ideas frugal recipes gas money gas savings Halloween heating heating tips personal expenses save money saving money school school supplies shopping tips storm windows tickets Tips travel tips winter
Tag Archives: Cable
More and more people are starting to realize that their cable or satellite bill is becoming one of their largest monthly expenses. This has led to a large amount of people cutting the cable cord to save money. If you can do with watching new shows or programming later on then cutting back on your cable bill is going to save you money. Lets look at the various ways people are using to cut their cable bills.
Cutting the Cable Cord to Save Money
- Streaming Devices – If you are going to stream programming you are going to need a device that streams. Don’t worry this is no big deal because most newer devices have some kind of streaming capability built into them. All the video game consoles and most blu ray players have streaming capabilities. You can even hook your computer up to your tv and use it as a streaming device. If you want to invest a little more money you can buy a Roku or Apple Tv devise for streaming. Personally I use my PlayStation 4 and my laptop..
- Streaming Services – You have the option of paying for steaming services like Netflix, Amazon Video and Hulu. You can also watch lots of content on YouTube. For a price much cheaper than cable you can watch all of the content you want on demand.
- HD Antenna – If you want to catch Live TV then you may want to consider an HD Antenna. They are affordable and you can probably find one for under $50 and you are on your way to picking up free tv signals. They are like the old rabbit ears you used to find on tvs. The stations you pick up will be based on your location but you should be able to pick up a few local stations which is great for living programming and sports.
- Specialty Channels – If you can’t wait for your favorite shows like the Walking Dead to show up on Netflix you can always buy an online subscription to channels like HBO or Showtime. Some channels will also stream their content on their websites for free. Check out A&E or Adult Swim for example for live streaming.
- Basic Cable – Another option is to just maintain a basic cable package so you can you some local programming and sports and mix it with a streaming subscription.
There are a few ways available to save money by cutting your cable cord. You don’t have to pay $100 a month to watch tv shows. You buy a cheap streaming service like Netflix and back it up with a basic cable package or HD Antenna.
Photo by DoctorButtsMD