I have been making this very basic Crockpot Turkey Chili midweek for the past couple of weeks. It is inexpensive, easy to make and I end up with more than a few meals that are easy to heat up and I find it quite filling. It’s a very inexpensive meal to make.
Frugal Recipe: Crock Pot Turkey Chili
I use a smaller size crockpot and am the only one eating this so just use one can of each and it makes enough for me to have a dinner and a lunch the next day. You can always add more beans or turkey if you like.
- 1/2 Pound of Ground Turkey
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Can of Pork andBeans
- 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Tomato Paste
- Jalapeno Peppers , Hot Peppers or Hot Sauce are optional
- Spices to taste such as chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Brown the turkey in a pan and drain when done.
- Add everything in your crockpot except for the Tomato Paste.
- Let it cook on high for 4 hours at least.
- If you notice it is too watery I will drain some of the liquid out.
- In the last hour or hour and a half I add the tomato paste as it will thicken your chili out.
That is it. An easy meal and you can probably stretch it out for a couple of meals.
Photo by lovecatz